Ignititon Designer Not Launch

Hi ,
I have a proble as i am not able to launch desginer .
i checked jave cache viewer and designer available

I am abale to launch client after reunstall Jave last updated version
below JNP file

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://localhost:8088/main/" href="http://localhost:8088/main/system/launch/designer/designer.jnlp">
  <information>
    <title>Ignition Designer</title>
    <vendor>Inductive Automation</vendor>
    <homepage href="null"/>
    <icon href="http://localhost:8088/main/web/platform_logo.png" kind="default"/>
    <shortcut online="true" install="false">
      <desktop/>
      <menu/>
    </shortcut>
    <offline-allowed/>
  </information>
  <security>
    <all-permissions/>
  </security>
  <update check="timeout" policy="always"/>
  <resources>
    <java initial-heap-size="67108864" max-heap-size="2147483648" java-vm-args="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m" version="1.8"/>
    <java initial-heap-size="67108864" max-heap-size="2147483648" java-vm-args="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m" version="1.7"/>
    <java initial-heap-size="67108864" max-heap-size="2147483648" java-vm-args="-XX:MaxPermSize=128m" version="1.6"/>
    <jar href="http://localhost:8088/main/system/launchbin/launchclient.jar" download="eager" main="false"/>
    <property name="javaws.sr.gateway.addr.0" value="localhost:8088:8043/main"/>
    <property name="javaws.sr.launchts" value="1528241743071"/>
    <property name="javaws.sr.scope" value="D"/>
    <property name="javaws.sr.main" value="com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerStartupHook"/>
    <property name="sun.java2d.d3d" value="false"/>
    <property name="javaws.sr.memory.init" value="64M"/>
    <property name="javaws.sr.memory.max" value="2048M"/>
  </resources>
  <application-desc main-class="com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.BootstrapSwing"/>
</jnlp>

Please advise,
What i have to check to track like this problem .

Thanks,
Tamer

Check this post.

Thanks Giff .
I change Gateway meemory size to 1.5 GB , still unable to launch designer

also, Jave runtime configuration

You need java 64-bit, uninstall your current java version and install this one:

link: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

@Kleppe85
I am using win7 ,32bit which means java vesion installed was ok.

Try using the native client launcher instead of the webstart link.

i used it but nothing change .
client is working but designer didn't launch
i reinstall ignition and java as well but nothing :frowning:

If you are using the native client launcher, it should have generated a clientlauncher.log next to the launcher executable. Open that and search for this line:

Starting Java with the following parameters: java -classpath C:\usr\local\development\clientlauncher-data\launchclient.jar...

Starting at "java -classpath", copy the line into a terminal and try to run it. If there are any startup errors, they should be visible in the terminal.

I removed again Java and restart my machine . then install Last updated JAVA then restart after that design launcher working .
Beofre doing above i client launcher.log and found below warning . can anyone specify what’s mean by ?

WARN  [ClientLauncher                ] [14:43:51,885]: multicast.addr was not specified! A default value of 231.1.1.1 will be used.
WARN  [ClientLauncher                ] [14:43:51,886]: multicast.receive.port was not specified! A default value of 4446 will be used.
WARN  [ClientLauncher                ] [14:43:51,886]: timeoutsecs was not specified! A default timeout of 30 seconds will be used.
WARN  [ClientLauncher                ] [14:43:51,886]: retries was not specified! A default retry count of -1 will be used, meaning that the Client Launcher will retry indefinitely.
WARN  [ClientLauncher                ] [14:43:51,887]: The screen property is missing from the launch parameters. It will default to screen '0'.
WARN  [ClientLauncher                ] [14:43:51,889]: The windowmode property is missing from the launch parameters. It will default to 'window' (non-full-screen) mode.
INFO  [ClientLauncher                ] [14:43:51,889]: launch.xml does not exist. Creating one now.
INFO  [SplashFrame                   ] [14:44:10,621]: Downloading "http://xx.xx.xx.xx/main/system/launchbin/launchclient.jar" (timeout=30)...
INFO  [SplashFrame                   ] [14:44:10,629]: Starting download of 494616 bytes
INFO  [ClientLauncherFrame           ] [14:44:16,690]: Using java executable under C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_171
INFO  [ClientLauncherFrame           ] [14:44:16,691]: Starting Java with the following parameters:java -classpath C:\Users\geaadmin\.ignition\clientlauncher-data\launchclient.jar -Djavaws.sr.gateway.addr.0=xx.xx.xx.xx:8088:8043/main -Djavaws.sr.scope=C -Djavaws.sr.launchts=1528285450779 -Djavaws.sr.main=com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientLaunchHook -Djavaws.sr.platform.edition= -Xms32M -Xmx256M -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Djavaws.sr.project=MEGA -Djavaws.sr.screen=0 com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.BootstrapSwing 
INFO  [ClientLauncherFrame           ] [14:45:39,116]: Starting Java with the following parameters:java -classpath C:\Users\geaadmin\.ignition\clientlauncher-data\launchclient.jar -Djavaws.sr.gateway.addr.0=xx.xx.xx.xx:8088:8043/main -Djavaws.sr.scope=D -Djavaws.sr.launchts=1528285514932 -Djavaws.sr.main=com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.DesignerStartupHook -Xms64M -Xmx2048M -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.BootstrapSwing 
ERROR [ClientLauncherFrame           ] [14:45:44,127]: Java process launch failed with error code 1: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0

OK, open a terminal window and run this and see what it says:

Also, you are sure that this machine has enough memory? The max memory is set to 2048MB, and Java won't start unless the OS can actually provide that memory.

1 Like