This occurs when loading a session or when switching between tabs in a Tab component. Sometimes, the component eventually does load - sometimes it doesn’t and stays improperly loaded/invisible until the page is refreshed. This has happened maybe 10 times over hundreds of reloads.
Examples of problems:
- An LED Display incorrectly shows a value of 0 despite the value of the bound tag, or shows nothing at all (this is the most common problem)
- A Markdown component fails to load entirely and cannot be seen (also very common)
- A Vessel or Label incorrectly shows a value of 0
- An LED Display shows an incorrectly formatted number - for instance, “-14” when the format is set to #,##0.0 and it should be “-14.3”
A bit more information about the project:
- Browser: latest version of Chrome
- Ignition 8.1.7
- Both the client and Gateway server are plenty powerful and have more than enough RAM (Ignition is using 2GB of the 16GB allocated to it)
- A typical view has ~30 Markdown components, ~20 LED Displays, and a few other components
- The project makes use of nested components for templating - for example, from top to bottom, Main View → Main Template → Unit Template → LED Display template → LED Display. Tag values are bound to parameters on the Main View and passed down.