Indirect History Tags in Easy Chart

Is there a way to make indirect history tags in the easy chart? I want to make one chart in a pop up window that will pop up when a pump is clicked on. I wanted to display Flow, Pressure and Current Draw on the trend. It would be nice if I could make the paths to the history tags dynamic but I can’t figure out a way to pass my PumpNumber dynamic property into the history tag paths. Can this be done or do I need to make a different chart window for each pump?

Yes, it can be done. All you need to do is bind the Tag Pens dataset property of the Easy Chart to a cell update binding. The cell update binding allows you to dynamically change a cells values in a dataset. If you look at the Tag Pens dataset you will see that the second column is the tag path. In the cell update binding select the tag path cell you want to change and press the green + button to add it below. Select the added record and set the value to whatever path you want. To use a property or tag value use the links on the right hand side. So for example you the value can be:

Pumps{Root Container.PumpNumber}/Flow

You can also just use a property reference for the entire path:

{Root Container.FlowTagPath}

Let me know if you have any questions.

Beautiful! That worked like a charm. I didn’t even think of doing it that way, thanks for the tip!