Install module ignition 7.9 license.html not found

Hello,

I am trying to install a module on ignition 7.9.

I followed the procedure did the git clone of sdk examples and the maven mvn package and then I also signed the module with my own certificate.

But when I install the AbstractTagDriver example it i get the following error in ignition logs:

ModuleInstallPage 09Jan2017 14:08:48 com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.modules.ModuleLoadException: IOException occurred during module load: Entry: “license.html” not found.
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.modules.ModuleLoadException: IOException occurred during module load: Entry: “license.html” not found.

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.loadModule(ModuleManagerImpl.java:1169)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$4.call(ModuleManagerImpl.java:652)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.executeModuleOperation(ModuleManagerImpl.java:799)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.installModuleInternal(ModuleManagerImpl.java:634)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl.access$900(ModuleManagerImpl.java:135)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$InstallCommand.execute(ModuleManagerImpl.java:1709)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.modules.ModuleManagerImpl$Receiver.receiveCall(ModuleManagerImpl.java:1646)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.QueueableMessageReceiver.receiveCall(QueueableMessageReceiver.java:45)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl.dispatchMessage(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:739)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.redundancy.RedundancyManagerImpl$ExecuteTask.run(RedundancyManagerImpl.java:760)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$ThrowableCatchingRunnable.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:547)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I don’t know what’s wrong? I joined the modl file of the module.

Thanks and best regards,

Etienne

Hello,

I had to open the .modl file with 7zip and remove the license tag in the module.xml file. It is strange that the basic sdk examples without any modifications do not work ? Maybe something is wrong in my configuration ?

Best regards,

Etienne

[quote=“ehelfer”]Hello,

I had to open the .modl file with 7zip and remove the license tag in the module.xml file. It is strange that the basic sdk examples without any modifications do not work ? Maybe something is wrong in my configuration ?

Best regards,

Etienne[/quote]

I think we need to update the examples to either include a license or remove the license tag. I think at some point the behavior of Ignition changed slightly to require that a license file be present if the tag is present.