Installation stalled on Windows

I downloaded both the 32 and 64 bit version of 7.7:

Files: Ignition-7.7.0-windows-x64-installer.exe & Ignition-7.7.0-windows-32-installer.exe

Running both installations as an admin on a Windows 7 Pro system the installation never gets off the ground. The following two windows appear with no change after 15+ minutes:

Any thoughts on why these installation fail?

Ignition 7.7 requires Java 8. Are you using Java 8?

Are you trying to run two Ignition servers on the same computer?

7.7 install to my knowledge checks to make sure that Java 8 is installed prior to allowing to much progress of the install. Installing 7.7 again prompts me straight away that the product is already installed.

[quote=“nmudge”]Ignition 7.7 requires Java 8. Are you using Java 8?

Are you trying to run two Ignition servers on the same computer?[/quote]

Thanks for the responses.

I am running Java 8 Update 11. I am only trying to install one Ignition instance. There have been several false starts, as shown in my original message. Is that causing the installer to fail?

What is frustrating is that I have never seen any error message, warning or any indication that the installer has even started to do anything. Just those blank dialog windows.

This is a rather unusual way for the installer to fail. Are you trying to run an upgrade, or a clean install? If it is a clean install, maybe try downloading the latest 7.6 Ignition installer and running that? Just to get a comparison. Also, for testing purposes, I would turn off the Windows firewall and any anti-virus programs you have running to ensure that nothing interferes with the installer process.