Installed Maker Edition and my Standard Ignition Gateway OPC UA Server status "faulted"

Actually both OPC UA Connections are showing as faulted in the Maker and Standard Gateways. I am assuming that this is due to some overlap between the two gateways.

As a general note, the OPC UA gateway was working perfectly fine before I installed the maker edition.

What ports/properties should I look at?

Both are probably trying to bind the OPC UA server to port 62541 (and connect the default “loop back” connection to 62541 as well).

They would also be trying to share HTTP/HTTPS ports if you haven’t changed those already.

Thanks Kevin. I am still having the issue

I have the standard localhost going to port 8088 and the maker going to 8089.
I have also tried to change the bind port of the Maker to 62540 but maybe didnt do it correctly?

You’d first change the Bind Port in the server settings, then restart the gateway you did that to, then change the Endpoint URL in the “loopback” connection to include the new port.

If you can upload your gateway logs somewhere we can look to see if there are errors about binding to the configured ports when the UA module starts up.

This is the fauted message from the OPC connections, where can I post the log file for you?

io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedSocketException: Network is unreachable: no further information: /0.0.244.76:62540
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: no further information
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doFinishConnect(NioSocketChannel.java:330)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioChannel$AbstractNioUnsafe.finishConnect(AbstractNioChannel.java:334)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:707)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:655)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:581)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:493)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:989)
at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

8.1.7 (b2021060314)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.11

Heres the log file

This seems to imply you've set your endpoint URL to have a host of 0.0.244.76... is that true?

not on purpose, what should it be? and where do I change it?

By default the host is localhost and the full endpoint URL “opc.tcp://localhost:62541/discovery”, configuration available on the OPC UA connection in the Ignition Gateway. You can run through the discovery wizard against by going to “More > Endpoints” or something like that.

Endpoint URL
opc.tcp://localhost:62540/discovery

Thats what I have…
and have restarted the gateway…

I don’t know then, sounds like your network configuration on that server is super screwed up if localhost resolves to 0.0.244.76. Give support a call.