Intermittent Screen Loading Errors

I'm having an issue when loading a new screen, where some items are loaded, but not others. This results in a myriad of errors, namely lots of overlay errors.

Troubleshooting thus far:

• Reduced/eliminated usage of tag(). One component uses it, but removal of that component does not rectify the issue
  • Eliminated easy chart component
  • Eliminated animated components or anything bound to rotation properties as these seemed to have errors

It seems like it loads to a point, has an error, then stops connecting tag values. Any tags that were loaded continue to update appropriately. Any that did not load, do not update. This looks like charts with missing pens and templates that are half loaded. It does not seem like there is a consistent load order to these things either.

I'm utilize system.nav.swapTo() to change between active views to limit the number of subscribed tags. When swapping windows, it allows these components to reload and they fix themselves.

I've tried looking in the diagnostic view for the vision client, but I'm not getting any errors. These errors do not show up in the designer at all.

The attached images show what occurs. Any help anyone can provide would be great. This is causing a major issue with manual data collection (we need manual records in addition to electronic for customer reasons) and overall professionalism of the project. Hiding overlays cleans it up, but doesn't identify when there are issues. In some cases old data or no data is being shown and operators are writing down these values.

In the menu bar of the client click on Help->Diagnostics and go to Log Viewer. It should show you all the errors that are happening in the background and that are causing overlays

You might need to click refresh. This should at least help you trouble shoot to see why there are overlays. From the appearance of the overlays it seems mostly tag related.

If you open the window in designer do you get overlays as well? If so you can right click the component that has one and select “Run Diagnostics” and it should tell you exactly what is causing the issue.

As indicated in the original post

“I’ve tried looking in the diagnostic view for the vision client, but I’m not getting any errors. These errors do not show up in the designer at all.”

I was referring to the log viewer and console. I may not have my logging levels set up correctly to capture all the errors, but I’m not sure what to change away from standard. Most everything is at INFO level.

Sounds like it is time to call Ignition support. If you’re not getting any errors it will be very difficult to troubleshoot.

1 Like