Internet Redundancy Question

I was wondering if anyone knows of a service where I can use multiple ISP’s with different static IP’s pointed at a domain. Right now users log into a static IP address on our server that is on a digital circuit (Which is equivalent to a T1), but if the circuit box fails and internet goes out I would like the other ISP which is a local ISP that would be a direct fiber connection to us to be a fail over and switch over on the domain name that is connected. Basically use a domain name for the users to log into instead of just one Static IP that could fail. Has anyone did this? Or does anyone have suggestions for internet redundancy when static IP’s will be different?

I haven’t set-up a fall-over internet service before, but I have set-up dynamic dns for my customers. You need to find a dynamic dns host, I use dyn.com, you install an Update Client application on one of your computers. The Update Client will check your IP address and update the dns if it changes. To manage your internet service fall-over, they make routers that can manage the fall-over for you like the Linksys RV042. With a computer sitting behind the router, if the router falls-over to the other internet provider, the Update Client should determine there’s a new IP address and update the dns. Your users will always connect to yourdynamicdomainname.com (since it’ll always have working IP address), not the static IP address.

I ended up buying this http://www.ecessa.com/products/powerlink/. Basically have fiber from one ISP as my primary internet, and T1 from another ISP as secondary internet. And both Static IP addresses are aimed at a domain so if my Fiber goes down my T1 automatically kicks in. Also has really cool load balancing features and reporting. Can use up to 3 different ISP’s with this model, but they have bigger and better models that can handle and do much more.

Yeah this seems to be a fundamental routing situation. Any enterprise class router can have multiple WAN connections. Typically, what we do is have 2 dns entries, one for each connection, then set up each entries in the redundancy settings.