IP Camera

Hi Guys,

I am having some problems with using the IP camera viewer in the client.
I can get a stream in the designer but when using the client, it retrys and eventually gives up
with a exception http 401 - unauthorised.

I have tried with and without the credentials with no luck.

We are using v7.9 but not sure what the problem is as this works with other systems on earlier versions.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the IP viewer?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cam

Try with credentials inside the URL:
http://192.168.123.72:8072/videostream.cgi?user=user12&pwd=user12

or

http://user12:user1234@192.168.123.73:554/Streaming/Channels/1

and without user & password in IP Camera viewer properties first… and then with both…

For proper use of credentials inside the URL, look at your camera docs…

This is how I have IPCamera Viewer got working without login prompt neither in designer or client:
[attachment=0]IPCamera Viewer.PNG[/attachment]
I’m using credentials inside the URL and in the IPCamera Viewer properties…
The camera is Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I.

thanks,

I have tried a few combos with the user and password and still getting the same problem.
I am wondering if its a Java problem as we get a java login window popup in the designer before we get an active stream.
This doesn’t happen on the client.

I have tried uninstalling java and ignition and tried different versions and still cant get it to work.

We have these Samsung Ipolis cameras at other sites with no problems.

I have the same problem with Avigilon cameras. Our installation using another brand of cameras has been up and running for a year without issue, but these cameras give me the Java login. I called IA support today, and they told me that the pop-up is generated by windows/java, not anything within Ignition. I have tried every possible combination of URL and user/pass setting in Ignition without success. I discovered today that if I run the client logged in as a windows user with restricted privileges, I dont even get the pop-up, which is a big problem.

IA support’s suggestion was to not use the IP Cam Viewer and use the web browser instead. By linking the URL to a timer we can refresh the web browser rapidly to fake motion in the same way the ip cam viewer does. I just created a test window, and the URL containing the user pass (user:pass@ip/…jpg) works fine in the web browser, no authentication issues. I will wait until tomorrow to mess around with the refresh via timer and linking the URL within our application, but it looks like this method may be the only way to access some cameras.

[quote=“CamJam”]thanks,

I have tried a few combos with the user and password and still getting the same problem.
I am wondering if its a Java problem as we get a java login window popup in the designer before we get an active stream.
This doesn’t happen on the client.

I have tried uninstalling java and ignition and tried different versions and still cant get it to work.

We have these Samsung Ipolis cameras at other sites with no problems.[/quote]
And who will check the checkbox in Use Authentication property?

I check the box. But either way on our other systems, if the user authentication is ticked or not we still get a java login popup for the Samsung Ipolis cameras in the designer and client.

Only difference with this system to the rest is this one is using 32bit java and 32bit ignition, everything else is the same.
I have tried different java versions and cleared the ignition and java cache.

Still lost as to why it wont login on the client but will in the designer.

Just updating this, as I seem to have found a solution to the problem, for now.
On all the systems we have IP cameras on the PC running the gateway and client have 2 NIC’s on board.
One is used for internet and the other for control (PLC,IP camera etc)
Looks like there may be something in the way the client launcher/gateway uses/assigns the client to use these NIC’s.

If I use the client launcher to launch the client, I get a HTTP Error 401: Unauthorised.
If I use the Designer -> Tools -> Launch Project, the client can display the IP camera stream

Is this a bug in the client launcher program? As even if I point the client launcher at the control NIC address I still cant get the stream to show up.