Is Ignition 7.5.1 compatable with AB firmware 21.11

I have an Allen-Bradley compactlogix L30ER running firmware version 21.11. I am also running Ignition 7.5.1.

I can see the plc tags in the OPC browser but when I create a SQL tag, I get the little green question mark. I’m assuming that the OPC-UA drivers I am using don’t support AB firmware version 21.11?

Thanks for your help,
Greg

It’s not compatible. A driver for v21 Is in development but I don’t have a timeline for you yet.

And to think I almost updated firmware on one of mine…

I can verify it works up to v20 though. Greg, any chance of downgrading your firmware?

Do you guys keep an up to date product compatibility matrix?

I’m currently working on rolling back a PLC project from V21 to V19 due to Ignition incompatibility, and I did not see any caveats on this page: inductiveautomation.com/products … drivers/ab

Are there any workarounds at the moment?

[quote=“PenCapBlue”]Do you guys keep an up to date product compatibility matrix?

I’m currently working on rolling back a PLC project from V21 to V19 due to Ignition incompatibility, and I did not see any caveats on this page: inductiveautomation.com/products … drivers/ab

Are there any workarounds at the moment?[/quote]

We don’t have a matrix anywhere because it wasn’t previously an issue. I’ll talk to the web guys about getting something up there.

Either way, in 7.6 drivers have clear descriptions in the gateway, and the *Logix drivers have been updated to state that they support firmware v20 and lower.

As for workarounds, just use another OPC-UA server like Kepware that has support for the v21 firmware.