Is there a way to change Scan Class for many tags at once?

Is there a way to change the Scan Class for many tags at once?

I have a a few different Tag folders that currently use the same Scan Class. I want to change some of the tag folders, and recursively all of the tags below the selected folder, to a new Scan Class. Rather than change the Scan Class reference individually for each tag, it would be nice if there was a way to apply the Scan Class change to all tags in the selected folder and subfolders with one assignment. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Bob

Sure, use search and replace to find all the tags under a given folder, select them all, then edit and change scan class.

You can select multiple tags in the Tag Browser in the designer. Then right-click and select Edit Tags. Then change the scan class for all the selected tags.

Best,

Thank you, both suggestions are better than changing all tags individually.

But since I have many tags I would like changed, and the tag names are varied, it would still be nice to have some way to do this for an entire folder and/or folder hierarchy. I expect at some point we will create the SQL tags address space via an XML file import.

Is there is a way to designate a different Scan Class as the default when dragging a folder (and subfolders) of tags from the OPC Browser to the Tag Browser without changing the settings of the previous default scan class?

Okay, I meant to say use the tag search feature of the tag browser (binocular icon). You can select all the tags within a folder.

1 Like

Kevin,

Ah, I should have figured that out from your original post. Thank you for the clarification, that will work great!

Bob