Is there a way to set a tag to the number of sessions looking at a specific perspective page?

Is there a way to set a tag to the number of sessions looking at a specific perspective page?

I have a mega menu, and I kind of want to show who is looking at which page or at least how many sessions are looking at a page.

I might even want to historize the number of sessions looking at a page, or how often a certain machine computer is looking at a page.

I am open to a better thread title recommendation.

Is there a way? Sure, not built in, and would IMO add a lot of code that doesn’t really accomplish anything.

Also, it’s entirely possible for a single machine to have multiple sessions open and looking at the same page.

All of your navigation would have to go through a message handler, probably in a session scope. Inside of that handler you would have to increment/decrement a tag value appropriately. There are many pitfalls that would very possibly cause this count to get off.

Personally I just don’t see the value for the amount of effort that would be invloved.

2 Likes

Thanks