Issues reading tags from AB EN4TR - Connects but tags Uncertain_LastKnownValue quality

I’m testing comms to an L83 via an AB EN4TR however I’m unable to get it reading tags. It connects fine but tags are coming up with:
[2, Uncertain_LastKnownValue(“Whatever was updating this value has stopped doing so.”), Thu Feb 03 09:37:20 ACDT 2022 (1643843240797)]

Swapping back to talking via the onboard L83 ethernet works fine.

Any ideas? What loggers should I be turning on?

This is what I see in the OPC browser, no tags showing up:

and their values:

Edit:
I noticed this in logs:

com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.CipResponseException: status=0x01 [connection failure] , additional=[0x032F]

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.services.GetAttributeListService.decodeResponse(GetAttributeListService.java:45)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.services.GetAttributeListService.decodeResponse(GetAttributeListService.java:12)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.services.UnconnectedSendService.decodeResponse(UnconnectedSendService.java:122)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.CipClient.lambda$invoke$2(CipClient.java:124)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenComplete(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniWhenComplete.tryFire(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.complete(Unknown Source)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.cip.CipClient.lambda$sendUnconnectedData$8(CipClient.java:222)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniWhenComplete(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniWhenComplete.tryFire(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(Unknown Source)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient$PendingRequest.lambda$new$0(EtherNetIpClient.java:412)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient.onChannelRead(EtherNetIpClient.java:220)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient.access$900(EtherNetIpClient.java:50)

at com.digitalpetri.enip.EtherNetIpClient$EtherNetIpClientHandler.lambda$channelRead0$0(EtherNetIpClient.java:346)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What can cause the CIP connection to fail?

Womp womp. That additional error code falls into the “vendor specific” range of 0x0320-
0x07FF.

The “good luck, son!” range :frowning: I’ll get in touch with RA, cheers

I think maybe something to do with CIP security or firewall/whitelist or something?

Ooo, i’ll* have a look, thanks

*I’ll get my PLC mate to have a look

There’s a reference to 0x032F in this doc as being “0x032F: Ingress rule deny non-secure.”.

2 Likes