Issues running Citrix Client

My company is considering a change from running full desktop computers to access Ignition to running Citrix thin clients.

My issue is that we have several things that execute based on the IP address of the client. As you know in Citrix the IP address, Hostname and MAC address that the Client tags show is that of the server running the Ignition instance and not that of the client.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Some way to pass along the IP address of the client to the application? I really don’t want to have to do a re-write.

I guess the best you can do is check the OSUsername (under System/Client/User)

Perhaps you can make a separate expression-based client tag that translates known usernames to ip addresses. And use that tag instead of the default ip-address tag.

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever find a solution? I’m running into the same thing right now. I have dozens of terminals I want to roll out that will auto-boot, auto-launch. All under the same environment. I was hoping to use the MAC as a way to determine what project I actually want displayed on that particular terminal and launch it via a retarget. Keep from having to have IT involved everytime we want to make a change.

I believe when this came up again more recently the solution was the same: use the OSUsername client tag and a different user for each terminal.

That’s where I think I’m headed.

Thanks.