Issues with Ignition upgrade 7.9 to 8.1

Hi, we are preparing an update of ignition 7.9 to 8.1 of our production server. To this end, we prepared a testing instance running 7.9.18 (our production version) with a copy of the production gateway and executed the 8.1 installer:

sudo ./ignition-8.1.20-linux-64-installer.run
(The command shows version 8.1.20, although the latest version is .23, but the outcome was the same)

After running the installer I get an "Ignition Successfully Upgraded" but the gateway fails to start:

WrapperSimpleApp Error: Unable to locate the class com.inductiveautomation.catapult.Catapult : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.inductiveautomation.catapult.Catapult

Note: I also get the same error message when attempting to upgrade Ignition by using the Restore feature. That is, push the 7.9.18 .gwbk file into a fresh installation of Ignition 8.1.

I'm not sure what to do to solve this problem, and I couldn't find any helpful tips in the forum. Does anyone have any advices?

Best regards, Guilherme.

wrapper.log (297.9 KB)

`

Can you share your ignition.conf file? It looks like something weird may be going on there:

WARN   | wrapper  | 2023/01/11 17:10:42 | The "wrapper.java.classpath.3" property was redefined on line #61 of configuration file: /usr/local/bin/ignition/data/ignition.conf
WARN   | wrapper  | 2023/01/11 17:10:42 |   Old Value wrapper.java.classpath.3=lib/core/gateway/*
WARN   | wrapper  | 2023/01/11 17:10:42 |   New Value wrapper.java.classpath.3=/lib/core/common/org.eclipse.jgit-5.1.3.201810200350-r.jar

Of course, it is attached.

On the production server we installed git as an attempt to create a version control system for the various scripts and graphical components.

ignition.txt (8.7 KB)

Fix the numbering in that section so 3 isn't re-defined:

wrapper.java.classpath.1=lib/wrapper.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.2=lib/core/common/*
wrapper.java.classpath.3=lib/core/gateway/*
wrapper.java.classpath.4=/lib/core/common/org.eclipse.jgit-5.1.3.201810200350-r.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.5=/lib/core/common/jsch-0.1.54.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.6=/lib/core/common/commons-compress-1.5.jar
wrapper.java.classpath.7=/lib/core/common/JavaEWAH-0.3.2.jar

You can probably just remove 4-7 all together, you don't need to explicitly specify them when lib/common/* is already on the classpath. It may also be incorrect that they are prefixed with /, because it's probably looking for them at the absolute path of /lib/core/common/<foo> and not the relative path.

It was right in front of me. It is working now. Thank you for the help! And apologies for not presenting a more challenging bug :wink: