Japan client can't open project

Hello,

I wanted to see if someone could help me with something. I just got a responce from our client in Japan and aparently he tries to launch the program, but what he gets is:

“…when I click the “Launch” icon, I see Java 7 logo comes up.
It seems as though it is trying to start or open something…
Three dots “.” appears/disappears…
I waited 15 minutes, but the software could not start up.”

He continues:

“By the way, I can see “T2 Solar Project” on my menu bar.
I end the session by clicking “Quit T2 Solar Bar”.”

I’m not sure what to think at this time. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Jose

Hi,

This is something happening with MAc OS X Java launcher… Is it using it ? If so, take a look here http://inductiveautomation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9295.
Hope this help.

I’m waiting to see if he is using Mac OS X Java launcher or not…

I looked at the link, but it doesn’t seem like an easy fix. If it were the case that he’s using Mac OS X Java launcher would it be better if I ask him to create a virtual PC with Windows? I’m not a Mac user, and I don’t know much about it.

Thanks!

Jose

No, modification is really easy. Just edit the jnlp once it is downloaded on the local machine. Later, use only the modified jnlp to launch the project. If you click on the gateway project link again, then you would have to edit the jnlp again. A pain, but a quick workaround which is working well.

The other work around , if he is on a Mac, is to downgrade Java to Java 6. Let me know if the issue is still present and if he is using a Mac or not.