Java Based VNC viewer

Hello all,

I am trying to load a VNC session inside the Web Browser Module. Is there any documentation on this module. It appears to support the VncViewer.class = or it tries to call it any way. But instead fails with the message “Couldn’t load plug-in.”

Much Thanks in Advance.

PS here is the console out put. Unless I’m being dense and just don’t see it … It looks as like it should work.

TightVNC desktop [WinVNC]
}, SocketInfo{channelId=1, browserId=0, channelType=Browser} 09:54:31 INFO: WRITE: GetURLMessage{type=GetURL, uid=1433, url='null'}, SocketInfo{channelId=1, browserId=0, channelType=Browser} 09:54:31 INFO: READ: GetURLMessage{type=GetURL, uid=1433, url='about:blank'}, SocketInfo{channelId=1, browserId=0, channelType=Browser} 09:54:31 INFO: WRITE: CanGoForwardMessage{type=CanGoForward, uid=1434, goForward=false}, SocketInfo{channelId=1, browserId=0, channelType=Browser} 09:54:31 INFO: READ: CanGoForwardMessage{type=CanGoForward, uid=1434, goForward=false}, SocketInfo{channelId=1, browserId=0, channelType=Browser} 09:54:31 INFO: WRITE: CanGoBackMessage{type=CanGoBack, uid=1435, goBack=false}, SocketInfo{channelId=1, browserId=0, channelType=Browser} 09:54:31 INFO: READ: CanGoBackMessage{type=CanGoBack, uid=1435, goBack=false}, SocketInfo{channelId=1, browserId=0, channelType=Browser}

Ironically, Java Applets aren’t supported inside the web browser component.

Awesome! :angry:

Any chance there is some documentation out there about pulling in the VNC screen from a QTERM-A7 panel? I have a customer that we are building an Ignition system for and I cannot figure this out. Its a basic VNC connection but every step I’ve tried stalls.

Is there a module created that will allow me to view a VNC screen inside Ignition?

Why not just download a VNC client that allows command line access. UltraVNC comes to mind. You install that on the machine in question and then have an Ignition button that executes the command line call to VNC. This will pop VNC up with the panel in question. It isn’t embedded within ignition but you will be able to access your remote panel.

Jason

So - as we have a web browser app in a PLC's web server which is supposed to run java in browser... Ignition client's web browser can NOT show the content (which is the case in a windows-based client AND Linux-based client)?
But how come the content shows when I make a connection with an osx-based client?
I couldn't use any buttons etc tho...

Any further ideas (perhaps Java settings)?

• K