Java Heap Space Error in report viewer

I’ve been working on a report and had the report working and displaying 5 or 6 pages of data. I wanted to edit the design, but when I tried to link the report to the report viewer Ignition locked and did nothing. After waiting to see if it would work I got an error telling me I had to sign in. I checked the gateway and it was running. When I went back to my project in designer the report viewer was idle (the little icon that rotates when loading a report was still). I decided to save and exit the project. Nothing worked. Ignition was once again frozen. Finally I did the common old Windows fix-all – rebooted the PC.
Seemed everything would work. I got to the designer and opened the window where I had the report viewer. It was blank so was the path. I entered the path to the report and it started to load and locked. A few seconds later the report viewer displayed Java heap space. I looked on the status page and Ignition shows 500MB or less of memory used. How do I get the report viewer to work? Worked fine yesterday on a huge report, about 200 pages of data. I deleted that report when I started this morning.

Did you finally fixed the error? We have the same in our project. Thanks

Client and designer memory usage is separate from the gateway’s memory usage. Adjust the project properties for client memory, and the adjust the designer memory setting in the gateway’s configuration.

1 Like

Many thanks