java.lang.Exception:Timeout waiting for new VM

Hello everyone:
I had a problem when login Ignition Gateway with mobile device, e.g. iPhone, android phone.
Every time after typing user name and password, the screen first showing “initializing …” then an error popped up “java.lang.Exception:Timeout waiting for new VM.”

Here is my system setup:

Ignition Version: 7.8.4 (b2016082217)
Java Version: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_101
I downloaded and installed server-jre-8u101-linux-x64.tar.gz from Oracle website.

Below is ouput after issuing “java -version” in Linux:
java version “1.8.0_101”
Java ™ SE Runtime Enviroment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot™ 64-bit server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

Note:

1. I installed xfce4 following the instruction described in knowledge base article “Running the Mobile Module on Linux”, h;

2. I can login with desktop PC without any problem. This ONLY happened on mobile device;

3. I tried changed java path in Igniton Config Mobile>>Settings>>Java. Changed default from java to /usr/bin/java. But this does not make any difference.

Any suggestion is appreciated!

K.S.

I’m experiencing some difficulties running Linux Debian 7.5 and Ignition 7.8.4 as well.

Not sure if they’re related, but I’ll share any epiphanies if I have any. :smiley:

Best,

Dan

First thing to check is the amount of memory allocated to the Gateway. Mobile chews up memory because you need enough to run the gateway PLUS enough for each client you want to connect. I usually give it at least 2 Gb for a single client with a small project (make sure you’re running 64-bit Ignition on 64-bit Java), but you’ll quickly need more than that for larger projects with multiple clients.