JDBC Driver faulted (Microsoft SQLServer) faulted

My Database Connection, JDBC Driver (Microsoft SQLServer) is faulted. My Easy Chart I created is red. I’m trying to set up a Tag Historian for a couple of tags.

I have the following errors:
Exception: Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[prov:default:/tag:D22_11898/BC_Passed, prov:default:/tag:D22_11898/BC_Failed], start=Wed Nov 13 10:40:00 EST 2019, end=Wed Nov 13 11:24:59 EST 2019, flags=0)@0ms
On: D17_Statistics.Root Container.Easy Chart
caused by GatewayException: The database connection ‘JVLTenneco_MES’ is FAULTED. See Gateway Status for details.
caused by FaultedDatabaseConnectionException: The database connection ‘JVLTenneco_MES’ is FAULTED. See Gateway Status for details.

Ignition v8.0.5 (b2019101516)
Java: Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.4

When I go to the Gateway and go to “Databases” I get the following error:
java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The server FTVIEWX64TAGDB is not configured to listen with TCP/IP.)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2385)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:2110)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:1563)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.getConnectionInternal(DatasourceImpl.java:257)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceImpl.runTest(DatasourceImpl.java:211)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DatasourceManagerImpl$FaultedDatasourceRetryer.lambda$newRetryRunnable$0(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:1017)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine$TrackedTask.run(BasicExecutionEngine.java:565)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The server FTVIEWX64TAGDB is not configured to listen with TCP/IP.
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:228)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.getInstancePort(SQLServerConnection.java:5923)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.primaryPermissionCheck(SQLServerConnection.java:2347)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:2083)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:1950)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:1162)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:735)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:53)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:291)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2395)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.BasicDataSource.createPoolableConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:2381)
… 12 more

8.0.5 (b2019101516)
Azul Systems, Inc. 11.0.4

Could anyone help with what could be causing this issue?

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The server FTVIEWX64TAGDB is not configured to listen with TCP/IP

Take a look at the "Check 1: Make Sure the Database has TCP/IP Enabled" header here: SQL Server Connection Guide. It sounds like the error wants you to enabled TCP/IP.

From personal experience, you may want to run through the rest of the troubleshooting tips on that page too (making sure the browser is running, SQL authentication is enabled, etc).

Thanks for the reply Paul! I’ve been going through and verifying I have it configured correctly. Ran into a snag, I couldn’t locate the sqljdbc_auth.dll file. I do have a .dll file, but not the sqljdbc_auth.dll file. Should I use the .dll file that I have attached?

Well, it looks like step one of that scenario is missing an important peice: the file is located in Microsoft’s JDBC driver for SQL server, which you’ll need to download. I’ve asked a writer to update that example, but you can find the driver here: SQL Server JDBC

If you must use windows authentication, then you’ll need to pick a comparable driver version (Your gateway is using Java 11). Also, you don’t want the installer, rather you want the .tar.gz, so you can extract the .dll.

Hello,

I am having this error with Microsoft SQLExpress. Could you give me some idea as to what to look at?
(upload://71O3EYuHH7bliUSZlICuKV6tvFu.png)
these are my settings with in the config manager…

Just realized first image did not load here it is…