JWT Library on Python for API

Hi all, I need a little bit of help on JWT Library on Python for API.
First of all, please pardon me if I use some wrong terminology, as my background is on PLC/SCADA and I’m relatively new to Python and scripting in general.

The requirement is as follows: I need to send some data (let’s say PLC tags) from Ignition to a third party web API using JWT, in a periodical manner. The JWT is to be encoded using SH256.

As of now, I am able to convert the PLC tags into JSON format in Ignition scripting. And I also have the secret key for encoding.

When looking at online resources, it seems that I need to do a “import JWT” and use the “jwt.encode()” function with the corresponding secret key and SH256. But, I can’t seem to find the JWT library in Ignition.

Can anybody kindly advise if some other library / function is available or do I need to import the JWT library manually to Ignition library folder?

Any help would me much appreciated!!

You’ll need to find a Python/Jython 2.7 compatible library that handles JWT and then add it to Ignition.

See “Importing 3rd Party Libraries” in https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/Libraries

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Could you help me?

I need to import the JWT library to python ignition