This is a very odd side affect since updating from 8.0 to 8.1.
In Perspective, I have a pop up view that asked the end user for a badge number into a PasswordField. I have a badge reader that acts as a keyboard wedge. The reader is setup to enter a carriage return after it decodes the numbers on the badge. Since the update, this reader is not working consistently.
I will occasionally get a couple of characters then the carriage return… After 3 or 4 tries it will eventually get the proper read.
When I do this into a notepad app, it works just fine every time.
I have tried extending the time between keystrokes in the badge reader but only marginal results.
It’s a shot in the dark but wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior.
We haven’t had the best luck with the PasswordField component. We don’t use it because it is inconsistent, like you said. I know that isn’t very helpful, but at least you know you’re not the only one…
Interesting note. Thank you. I did spend some time on the issue with Support last night and we noticed a couple of things.
The issue seems to be more prevalent on a Linux based OS, Chrome and Firefox have the same result. Not able to duplicate on Windows.
Also tried with a barcode reader setup as a keyboard wedge and experienced the issue more than the badge reader setup as keyboard wedge. When I change the input to a standard text input there are no issues.
I was able to demonstrate this issue to support and they are going to try and replicate.