Keyence CV-X series camera

I have a Keyence camera I would like to connect to ignition.
The camera supports:
RS-232
PLC-Link
Ethernet/IP
PROFINET

has anyone had any experience connecting ignition to this or similar devices?

Thanks.

It looks like the easiest way to get data from this would be to add it as a module in a Logix PLC and then bring the tags from the controller into Ignition.

1 Like

@Kevin.Herron can the Logix driver also be used connect to keyence PLCs?

@Kevin.Herron specifically I’d like to connect to keyence kv 5500 PLC

No, the Logix Driver will not work with Keyence products.

You might want to take a look at Automation Pro’s Ethernet I/P module if you want to try to connect directly to the CV-X

Yes, my Ethernet/IP module should work with this camera (it definitely works with CV-5k and CV-7k models).

My Image Streaming module might also work with it.

Hi there, Will this module work with Keyence KV-7500 and KV-8000??

Untested and probably needs some tweaking for the image stream. If you want to loan one, I’ll test and see for you.

Edit: Let me clarify: The Ethernet/IP module should work. I haven’t found any Keyence Ethernet/IP product that doesn’t work with it, and my customers like a wide variety of Keyence products.

The image streamer’s control channel is likely to work. The live image stream probably won’t, but I’d love to add support.

Well, I Just want to collect data from the PLCs, no cameras. Looking at the Ethernet/IP Suite.
Oh just saw your edit! Great! Will contact you through your website for further info

Interested in understanding if Pturmel’s ethernet module is capable of interfacing with the KV-8000 PLC as was mentioned above. No cameras, just PLC for me. I have some interest in getting a KV-8000 online and talking to ignition.

@dojeda @pturmel

You’ll have to send me some docs on the KV-8000. If it can do Ethernet/IP, the odds are good.

Even better, sponsor putting one in my lab… (:

2 Likes