KyvisLabs ApexChart Module

Hi Jasper,
Not until now for me.

I am struggling to get the line graph to work with a basic tag history binding. I am running 8.1.18 and 1.0.9 of the apex module. Below is my config and then the resulting chart.

Bug report:
When the trial version finish if I open a view that include APEX chart with history binding for data, the view is getting very slow and freeze.

1 Like

Can you show your data binding?

It is just a basic tag history binding

Try to change the Value Format to DOCUMENT and add a script transform like this

return [[row['t_stamp'], row['tag_name']] for row in value]

I had the same problem and here the guys helped me to solve it
https://forum.inductiveautomation.com/t/apex-chart-problem-with-tag-history-formatting/62751

1 Like

Another question on this module. Under options>chart>events there is an option for a "beforeResetZoom" event, however when I go to set up a component event that is not one of the options. I am missing something or has that event just not been added. If it is the latter, if there anyway somewhy has come with to know when the zoom level has been reset?

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for this great module.

I currently try to use a "treemap" chart to display different defects on a machine (according to the impact time). Unfortunately, I meet a difficulty.

When I set up the graph and add a data series (as shown in the Apex documentation), only one data point is displayed (without the label or value).

Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance

Hi
I try to replicate a real-time chart in Apexchart like the following without any success.

Realtime chart

Does anyone do this before?

I have been messing around made some good looking graphs, ty for the developers. However I have been having some problems with launching it from a gateway which is on a remote linux gateway.

When launching the session from gateway (no IP in URL) then I get a following error:
"/res/kyvislabs/Components.css?no_cache=1678455960141"

However when I start session from the designer, everything works fine.

I have tried to restart the Gateway to update path, but no success. Gateway version is 8.1.25

Any ideas?

Edit 1:

Basically the session doesn't load in the resource from the server (taken from server)

(taken from local session)

What is the reason the session can't load in the resource?

@kyvislabs This might be good to add into the OP.
PSA: the simplest way to make a chart is to use the online Apex Chart editor:
https://editor.apexcharts.com/

Copy the code output of this into props.options in the Ignition component, and make sure you change the props.type to the right chart type

Edit: is @kyvislabs still around?? maybe @pgriffith or someone from IA can add this link and brief description of how to use it into the OP? :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Seems like a good tool, thanks @nminchin

Hi!

Just found this and I think it's great! Solves a few issues that I have with the built in charts.

Though I have a few issuse with this as well. After some searching I noticed that it seems like these are fixed in version 3.37 (in perticular this one: #3483 Fix x-axis tick alignment).

When do you think this will get merged into the module?

Is there anyway to display the annotations from the tag historian on an apex chart? There is some functionality and customization that I need that seems to be lacking in the Perspective Power Chart.

I have a pull request on github already open to fix this issue. Just waiting for a merge.

2 Likes

This module is free?

Are there any drawbacks or considerations I need to know about the module?

I really like the radar chart with stacked series.
I can bind query data like regular perspective components allow?

Yes its free. Works awesome for certain applications.
Some chart types might not be able to be done how you want. But i think on the whole, the offerings are much better than the default charts available in Perspective right now..

I recommend giving it a shot and see what you think, based on your application needs.

I have noticed it is miles faster than Perspective components currently offered for datasets where row count is in the thousands.

1 Like

Hello,
We would like to use ApexCharts with Ignition Edge (8.1.25). We have developed one Guage using ApexChart module on our Ignition local gateway, however the same Gauge is not working/displaying on Edge.

Ignition edge showing below error.

Please advise.

Third party modules are generally not allowed in Edge. Contact your sales agent at IA to see what might be possible for free modules.

3 Likes

Good morning, I create a very simple apex chart following the example of the website https://apexcharts.com/javascript-chart-demos/line-charts/zoomable-timeseries/

If I try to use the pan-zoom function launching the project via web everything works, instead if I try to zoom or pan with the smartphone it looks like the functions are disabled.

Maybe there's something to enable?

Thanks for the help.