Large Project Size

Hi,

Our Ignition project was initially sitting at around 30MB. At one point it unexpectedly jumped to 79MB and again to 107MB. The project is still in development but we haven’t added anything (large images etc) that would warrant this increase in size. Our Gateway is running version 7.7.6. Today we’ve been unable to open the project in the Designer, though other projects will load. I’ve attached a screenshot of the designer attempting to open. I don’t know if i have two separate problems or if their related. Any suggestions?

Andre

This is a long-known problem that IA fixed in versions 7.7.7 and 7.8.2.

What Phil said is a possibility. Also make sure you haven’t started saving large datasets in some of your tables/components.

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]What Phil said is a possibility. Also make sure you haven’t started saving large datasets in some of your tables/components.[/quote]Funny you should mention that today. Just yesterday I updated the Time Series Database Cache Module to generate Transient Datasets, specifically to address this problem. And it now includes convenience scripting and expression functions so you can have Transient Datasets anywhere you need them, not just on the cache data.

We’ve upgraded to 7.7.7 and still can’t open the project in designer. Tried opening designer on multiple PC’s and deleted cache folder. I cant look for dataset problems if the designer won’t open. What would be stopping it from opening?

Have you tried setting the designer to use more memory (if not already maxed out)?

Thanks for the tip, raising the allowed memory usage to 2GB seems to have done the trick and we can open the designer again. Now i need to figure out how the project size got so large