Ldap authentication "gateway username" and users in different OU different username suffixes

Hi folks,
I have an interesting problem that may be fixable. but I’m not sure what the workaround should be.
I am using multiple “AD/internal user sources” against an LDAP server, (not AD) in order to accommodate authenticating users in different OU’s in the ldap tree (I think because of only being able to use a single Username Suffix.) I can authenticate using the “test user source” for all of my user sources, but I can’t add users on one usersource… Anyone know what the logic is that governs whether or not the “add users” button is available in the AD/Internal usersource or not? what is the test? If I could add users, I could get the authentication piece to work.

Thoughts?
Thanks.

there are a couple things that might help for those folks who are authenticating against a strictly ldap environment, being able to have multiple “username suffixes” might be useful. being able to input a “gateway username” as an ldap DN might be useful. right now, the gateway username, is using the “username suffix” to build the Binding DN. I think because of the mismatch, the add users button is missing on that usersource. I could be mistaken. anyone know what the logic is that govern’s whether or not the “add users” button is available or not? i can authenticate using the “test user source” but I can’t add users…