LED Display with Occasional Marquee Message

Hello Everyone,

After playing more with the led displays I started thinking how cool it would be to implement an occasional marquee across them. I know if you had too many of them, or if they fired too fast it would quickly get annoying, but if done tastefully I think they would be pretty neat.

Right now I am working on a dashboard screen for a client’s employee breakroom. Since I can’t utilize any user-driven events I figured it would be a great way to give a little more information on different areas while people are looking at it.

Any initial ideas on how to best implement this in FPMI? I’m figuring that it will almost certainly require a decent amount of scripting, but I thought I would ping the collective and see what initial ideas people have…

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and/or advice!

–HandledException

Handled,

Here is a shot at a solution. Download the CSV file and import it into FactorySQL. Add a LED display to a window, set its mode to Alphanumeric, set its Horizontal Alignment to left, bind its Text property to the database column, and make it wide enough to show all the characters. You can adjust the timing and/or string lengths to match your needs.
ScrollingMarquee.zip (1.03 KB)

Thanks Mickey!

I take a look at it and let you know how it goes. :thumb_right:

–HandledException

Mickey,

I haven’t forgot about this, but I just got a more pressing project, so I won’t be able to try it out for awhile and give you any feedback.

Thanks for taking the time to offer a solution though. I’ll let you know how it goes when I try it out later.

–HandledException

For those who are interested, this is what I have come up with so far. It’s not the most elegant solution out there, but it seems to work ok so far. I decided to do it completely in FPMI with scripting to make more modular and easier to implement in future projects.

Suggestions and comments are welcome. Let me know what you think!

–HandledException
MarqueeDemo-1.0.zip (11.4 KB)