License issue at AWS Fargate deploy: LeasedActivationStrategy

Hi all, we are experiencing an issue when we deploy a new task in AWS Fargate, specifically this one:

jvm 1 | E [c.i.i.g.l.LeasedActivationStrategy] : Received error when trying to activate. Request ID: 'xxx-xxx-xxxx-xx-xxxx', Code: '3', Message: 'Activation Request sent Too Early'.

We have an external volume for /bin/ignition/data and the 8-keys license. We have been doing successful deploys using the standard license (6-keys). Now it looks like moving to the 8-keys license is not working.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

The logger you find searching "LeasedActivationStrategy" set to DEBUG may be useful.

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Diagnostics+-+Logs#DiagnosticsLogs-ChangingLoggingLevels

Now it looks like moving to the 8-keys license is not working.

Is your Gateway inactive (showing the trial banner)? Or is it just that you see this error message?

Are you seeing this error message repeating periodically?

Hi kevin, thanks for pointing me to this. I was able to solve the issue by checking the logs in deep. The issue was related to one of our custom scripts for perspective.
Thank you!

Hi Joel, the gateway was always up and licensed, the issue was related to a new deployment. I was able to solve the issue by checking the logs. The issue was related to one of our custom scripts. Thanks!

1 Like