Locking error trying remove a global script

Hello everyone,

I have a problem using some scripts in the shared library. Firstly, I created a script file in my project but then I decided to move it to the shared library, to do it, I dragged the script to the scripting global zone. Since that point I cannot open the script file and if I try to remove or rename it, a message appears:
“Unable to retrieve lock for resource ‘ScriptsName’. The resource has been changed. please update your project.”

For giving more information, the next lines appear in the output console when I do double click on the script to open it:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.scripteditor.workspace.ScriptWorkspace.askOpenReadOnly(ScriptWorkspace.java:184) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.scripteditor.workspace.ScriptWorkspace.openScript(ScriptWorkspace.java:167) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.scripteditor.workspace.ModuleNode.onDoubleClick(ModuleNode.java:97) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.navtree.NavTreePanel$MouseListener$1.run(NavTreePanel.java:649) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
In contrast, I can copy and paste the script and my code is there.

If any one can help me I will be thankful. Thanks.

Regards, Enrique.

P.D. I am using 7.8.2 version

Hi there,

Silly questions. Did you update your project? There is a button next to your save button in the designer for updating/refreshing your project. Click on it and then try to open your script file. If that doesn’t work then close your designer and reopen it.

Best,

[quote=“nmudge”]Hi there,

Silly questions. Did you update your project? There is a button next to your save button in the designer for updating/refreshing your project. Click on it and then try to open your script file. If that doesn’t work then close your designer and reopen it.

Best,[/quote]
Thank you for your reply. These were the first things I did but with no success. Even I tried to create a new project but neither I can open the files.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

:blush: I was able to replicate this in 7.8.4. I’ll open a ticket to get it fixed.

Ok, thank you. If you get any further information inform us please.

Can you email support and have them open a ticket for you? Ask them to link to Fogbugz 7201 – they’ll know what this means. That will trigger us to notify you when it’s fixed.