Log Error: Could not find project 'null'. Verify url is correct and project is published

We get Routes Log Errors. See below example:

Routes 22Mar2022 09:43:59 Could not find project ‘null’. Verify url is correct and project is published.

We cannot figure out which project this is for. When opening magnifying glass for log properties we only see route-group perspective and route-path/client project_name

Is there a way to troubleshoot this?

Same issue here.
Would be interested if someone knows how to troubleshoot this.

Are you using e.g. system.perspective.navigate anywhere and inadvertently passing a null as the value of the project to navigate to?

This is logged by an incoming HTTP request, so there's not really much more context to offer for troubleshooting. You could installer Wireshark and look for requests to system/perspective/client/, perhaps.

We can specify a project in system.perspective.navigate ?
In our differents calls to navigate, we only specify the view or page we want to go, never the project.
That's one of the weird thing : it does not event say from which project the error is coming

This error is not spamming the logs so we are okay with it.
I was just wondering if someone found a way to troubleshoot it so that we could resolve it quickly.
A wireshark might be a way to pinpoint a bit more. We might give it a go.
Thanks

Well, something is trying to launch a Perspective session, but providing null (apparently) as the literal name. My guess is that it might be an erroneous binding or a bad link somewhere, but it's hard to say.

It's worth noting here that scripting attempts which do anything like this:

# where self.custom.something_null resolves to null
# Instances WITHOUT the string casting would encounter a script error due to type mismatch
system.perspective.navigate(url=self.session.props.gateway.address + "/data/perspective/client/" + str(self.custom.something_null))

will actually report as Could not find project 'None'. Verify url is correct and project is published. because the casting of the null value becomes "None".

And the following results in a script error without completing the navigation:

# where self.custom.missing_prop does not exist
system.perspective.navigate(url=self.session.props.gateway.address + "/data/perspective/client/" + self.custom.missing_prop)

Which limits the offenders to references which could actually return a string value of "null":

# where self.custom.str_null resolves to "null"
system.perspective.navigate(url=self.session.props.gateway.address + "/data/perspective/client/" + self.custom.str_null)
1 Like

We are getting the same error in our gateway logs for a project that I'm working on. We are not using system.perspective.navigate anywhere in the project. We are making http calls, and the error message seems to appear shortly after we make a call. Our http calls are returning data from out ERP. We're not trying to navigate to a different projects.

Good luck with this.
I had the issue for some time, (never effected operations luckily) which is hopefully resolved now.
My error occurred every time someone logged in, and landed on the "Home" page.
In the end I exported the project and started playing with a trial version to prevent any issues with operations.
The project has a shared side view which contains buttons to allow navigation around the project.
Through trial and error (by removing share views and then components in the responsible view, and many saves and launches) the issue was found to be created from the "Home" button in the shared side view, even thou it was configured correctly. I could even disable the action on the button, and the error would be produced on a new open, or even a save.
In the end, the button was deleted, project saved, and then recreated the button in full to resolve the issue.
Weird right? Don't need it again for sure.

We finally found the origin of our problem.

In our case, the error was not caused by a misuse of the system.perspective.navigate command but by the PDFViewer component, more precisely by the binding of its source. If for any reason the value returned is null, then the error "Could not find project 'null' Verify url is correct and project is published" will be systematically displayed in the logs when opening or refreshing the view. When you think about it, the expected value is a url...

Hopefully this will help some of you!

1 Like