Logs showing failed write operation even after having removed the script

Hello, I'm still learning ignition. I had created a few scripts and one of them wrote to a tag. It was working correctly till now but out of a sudden it started flooding the logs with this warning. I've already removed the script but the logs still keep coming.

I'm also having a memory leak and I'm wondering if this is causing that.

How do I stop that?

Have you restarted your gateway? Did you do anything with scripting to create an asynchronous thread, or recursive function, or anything like that?

2 Likes

Yes I ran the batch files to to stop and restart gateway, didn't work.

The script it is talking about was system.tag.write(tagAddress). I disabled that script. other than that there is no script using this tag.

Was this script in a Vision client? If so, any possibility that there is a running client that hasn't updated?

2 Likes

I know it is not a best practice but it was a tag change event. I was using vision to design the project, but there are no un-updated clients as far as I know. I recently started to use perspective. Idk if this answers your question.

Not necessarily; tag change scripts definitely have appropriate uses.

What kind of tag? Sometimes it's easier to copy, paste, and rename tags than it is to recreate them from scratch. Any chance the tag got copied? This action would duplicate the script.

No. I've checked every tag individually. Is there any way to just kill everything?

This is not a behavior I've seen before.

At this point, I'd probably delete the tag, perform a gwcmd -r, and then if needed, recreate the tag from scratch.

If that doesn't fix it, contact support

Did you find a solution to this?

I'm pretty sure this worked. The log stopped coming. Thanks Justin!

1 Like