Look Up Table For Fault Messages

Hello everyone,
Thanks in advance for the help. I have a CIP fault list in an excel table. I want to put this into Ignition as a table to reference and look up fault messages to be displayed on an HMI screen. What is the best way to take the excel table with all of the existing faults and put it into a table (or maybe UDT?) in order to be referenced?

-William

Put it into a memory dataset tag. Then you can use lookup expressions to get the text for a code.

I currently have a memory dataset tag going right now. However, I can’t seem to copy my table from excel using the clipboard.

I get this error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: CSV invalid format: expected #NAMES on line 1
I’m not sure how to use this clipboard correctly and what format it needs, but I can’t find any info on that in the forum or manual.

Thanks.

Make a sample row in your dataset. Copy it to the clipboard and paste into your favorite editor. You will see the header requirements. Export your Excel as CSV. Paste the parts you need from that into the sample export. Adjust the number of rows specified in the header. Copy the whole thing back to the clipboard, and paste back into the Ignition dataset editor.

2 Likes

I will give that a try, thanks so much.