Looping through all Client tags

Is it possible to loop through all Client tags (in Python scripting) without using the name of each tag. I expect it would be something like:

for individualTag in {Collection of all Client Tags} :

However, I haven’t been able to figure out what to use for {Collection of all Client Tags}.

Thanks.

This isn’t currently available in the core of Ignition, but will be available in the future in Ignition.

Look here:

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=8823

There is a scripting module that exposes a function, system.tags.browseTags, to list all of the tags in a given folder. There is an example on the page. If you have any questions let us know.

1 Like

[quote=“Travis.Cox”]Look here:

inductiveautomation.com/forum/vi … =88&t=8823

There is a scripting module that exposes a function, system.tags.browseTags, to list all of the tags in a given folder. There is an example on the page. If you have any questions let us know.[/quote]

That sounds perfect, unfortunately when I tried to install that module it faults as requiring version 7.5 and I am only running 7.3. Thanks for the help.

Can you upgrade?

Unfortunately, upgrading is not an option at this time.

I have found a work-around though: I am developing clients for a number of our production cells where the machinary displays are not readily accessable to the workers. The OPC client has a different window for each cell that displays all the data for the machinary in that cell. I have another window, accessible only by engineering, that controls the various parameters for displaying warnings for suspect data.

I am using Client Tags to transfer these parameters between the production windows. In order to distribute any parameter changes to the other clients, I am using FTP (which I learned about here in the forum) as it is about the only mechanism available on our production thin client computers. My original idea was to loop through all the Client Tags when loading and saving the parameter changes. Instead, I have modified my Client Tag names so they are consistently similar to the component names in the parameters window. I then can loop through all the components in the parameters window (using event.source.parent and .getComponents), changing the component names to the Client Tag names. It’s probably not the best solution, but it will do until I become more familliar with Ignition.

Thanks again for all your help.