Lost my tags

I have created a project with lots of tags in a DB provider. The driver is our own software.
I have just moved the project onto a new gateway (on the customers computer) and now it can’t see the tags. I have configured the database in the gateway. I have used the sql browser tool in the designer and it can see the values changing in the sqlt_core table. But the tags don’t show up in the tag list.

Where should I look?

You have to make sure that the database connection is valid and the Database Provider is added pointing to the right datasource.

Done that

I’m getting a lot of these on my console:

[code]Message

Error during tag store poll.
Logger

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.DBTagStore.[Maisonneuve]
Time 5/27/10 5:12:36 PM Level ERROR Thread http-8088-3
Exception
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.systemconsole.LogViewer$SerializableLoggingEvent$ClonedThrowable: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown typecode: 2003
…deleted to retain sanity…
(Event 1 of 249) < Previous Next >[/code]

Err… very mysterious. Does your app create the tables?

Check out the data types of the columns in the sqlt_perm table. It appears that one of them is possibly some sort of… array type? Basically, when Ignition reads that table and gets the meta information, one of the columns is coming back as type 2003, which in JDBC is ARRAY, and doesn’t have a mapping in our system.

Regards,

Yes we created the tables our selves:

CREATE TABLE sqlt_perm
(
  tagid integer NOT NULL,
  rolename character varying[],
  accessrights integer,
  CONSTRAINT sqlt_core_id_fkey FOREIGN KEY (tagid)
      REFERENCES sqlt_core (id) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)

has been changed to:

CREATE TABLE sqlt_perm
(
  tagid integer NOT NULL,
  rolename character (250),
  accessrights integer,
  CONSTRAINT sqlt_core_id_fkey FOREIGN KEY (tagid)
      REFERENCES sqlt_core (id) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)

now I get one tag

Here are the new errors:

Registering 1 orphaned tags for scan class 'elan'
Logger 	

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.providers.DatasourceTagProvider[Maisonneuve]
Time 	5/27/10 5:52:25 PM 	Level 	INFO 	Thread 	http-8088-5
Exception
Error is empty. 
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.systemconsole.LogViewer$SerializableLoggingEvent$ClonedThrowable: null
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.alert.ExecutableAlarmState.createNewMessage(ExecutableAlarmState.java:216)
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.execution.alert.ExecutableAlarmState.unInitialize(ExecutableAlarmState.java:113)

updating the configchanged column caused all my tags to appear.

But now they are all STALE, even though I can watch the values changes in the designer

update
updateing the configchanged time on the sqlt_sc table caused things to come good.

Sounds like you’ve got it taken care of. A few things of note:

-“Orphaned tags” are tags whose scanclasses don’t exist, or aren’t loaded. The whole system of orphaned tags was found to have a bit of a problem in 7.1.1, and it’s been fixed for 7.1.2. Your issues here aren’t due to that problem, but I just wanted to mention that.

-When reporting or tracking down errors, it’s probably better to go look at the “wrapper.log” file in the install directory. Through the gateway, some info (like the actual exception name!) gets lost. We need to fix that soon- but for now you can find in in the text file.

Regards,