Mac OS designer Perspective spinning wheel

This has been going on for a while now and I mostly just want to figure out if this is just a problem with the Mac Designer, or a problem with my computer.

It doesn't happen always, but I'd say 90% of the time when I go to open a perspective resource, I get the mac spinning wheel for about a minute or two where I can't do anything in the designer but wait. This happens to me on multiple different servers and versions, I dont think it's a server issue.

I also get this error in the console:

Blockquote 14:32:23.602 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.ErrorUtil - Unable to deserialize resource CellSignal2
com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.internal.ipc.IPCException: Failed to get Browser browserChannel 7
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.Browser.a(SourceFile:496)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.Browser.(SourceFile:410)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.Browser.(SourceFile:357)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.design.BrowserPanel.(BrowserPanel.java:121)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.init(ViewResourceEditor.java:312)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.init(ViewResourceEditor.java:60)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceEditor.loadResource(ResourceEditor.java:58)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceEditor.lambda$new$0(ResourceEditor.java:37)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceEditor.(ResourceEditor.java:35)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.(ViewResourceEditor.java:103)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewWorkspace.newResourceEditor(ViewWorkspace.java:316)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.TabbedResourceWorkspace.open(TabbedResourceWorkspace.java:227)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceNode.open(ResourceNode.java:126)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: ViewResourceEditor could not be initialized. See logs for details.
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.(ViewResourceEditor.java:105)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewWorkspace.newResourceEditor(ViewWorkspace.java:316)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.TabbedResourceWorkspace.open(TabbedResourceWorkspace.java:227)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.tabbedworkspace.ResourceNode.open(ResourceNode.java:126)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.internal.ipc.ChannelException: Failed to send message: GetRemoteDebuggingURLMessage{type=GetRemoteDebuggingURL, uid=173403, remoteDebuggingUrl=null, SocketInfo{cid=8, bid=8, channelType=Browser}
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.internal.ipc.SocketChannel.post(SourceFile:217)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.Browser.b(SourceFile:635)
at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.Browser.getRemoteDebuggingURL(SourceFile:1288)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.design.BrowserPanel.loadViewUrl(BrowserPanel.java:293)
at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.designer.workspace.ViewResourceEditor.lambda$init$4(ViewResourceEditor.java:353)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
... 18 more

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

It’s an issue with communication between the actual designer JVM and the process running the embedded web browser that Perspective sessions need to run in. We’re (still) working on an upgrade to the backing browser library that will hopefully resolve a lot of these issues, or at least make them more clear. For now, I don’t think there’s a lot to do, especially if it eventually works.

1 Like

Ok cool, thanks for the response!