Maintaining table sort order when navigating between views

Hi,

I am trying to sort data (binding on a tag which is being written to every 5min) in a table on the timestamp column by default.

The sort works well on a page refresh but not when navigating through the project's pages (with an HorizontalMenu for example).

table_sort

Is this behavior expected?

Tested on Ignition 8.1.39

Good news.

New in 8.1.5
A boolean runWhileHidden property can be added to an element that's set to an object data type. This setting determines if contents of this tab loads once the tab is first activated, and if it should persist while in the background when the currentTabIndex changes.[image]

runWhileHidden

At the moment your tabs will be an array in the form,

tabs
  0 : Label0
  1 : Label1
  • Right-click on the tab to be configured as runWhileHidden, Change To, Object.
  • Add two values to the object, text and runWhileHidden. It should then look like the image above.

I've taken the liberty of editing your post title to clarify the topic in search results. It may help someone else. I hope that's OK with you.

@Transistor it's not a tab view. Home and Table are separate pages

It's not a tab view.

Aw, no. And I was so happy with myself. I've put the title back.

Tip: I think they are separate views, not pages. The Perspective client runs everything in one page and swaps in and out the views without reloading the page or without loading another page. Someone may clarify further.

It may be possible to save the sortOrder to a session variable. I'll have a think.

I say pages because it is using Ignition's page navigation (the end of the URL is updated from /Home to /Table which are my configured pages)

I added a Label with a binding to sortOrder to see whether the props is set after navigation.

It seems that it is the case: