Make columns in tables word wrap and adjust column height

It would be cool if you could select columns that can word wrap in a table so the whole thing could be readable and it would automatically adjust the height of that row. Much like the comments panel does now.

Here’s my example: I want to display, on a pop-up screen, what is new in the project when a client is started. I created a table that I can edit to display all of the new stuff that’s been added or general information for the users. My text column is varchar(max) so it could be pretty long and sometimes scrolling over is a pain (especially on touch screens). If the table could word wrap and look like a comments panel that would be a lot nicer.

+1. I feel your pain!

I had to workaround by putting html tags on ones I need to wrap, if that’s any help.

This was 2012, is it a thing now?

Yes, there’s a ‘Wrap Text’ option for power table columns:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Vision+-+Power+Table+Customizer

Sorry,

I had these descriptions that were autowrapping, the end of them just didn’t make sense.
So I thought they were being cutoff. Am using perspective.

Thanks for responding.

Come on, Zachary. Perspective isn't even three years old. If you are looking at a topic that is twelve ten years old, it is a flare-lit tip-off that it doesn't apply at all.

2 Likes

I had no idea. I thought it was here from the beginning and that vision was new.

Whoa! Marketing fail? @Carl.Gould

2 Likes