Make "Enter" key function like "Tab" key

I have a screen where the user must enter data into several Numeric Text Fields… I have grouped them so that when you use the “Tab” key they go from field 1 to field 2 to field 3 to field 4, etc…

Well the end user wants to be able to enter date into field 1 then hit “Enter” instead of “Tab” to go to field 2, etc.

Is this possible??

On the propertyChange event of each numeric textbox, add:

if event.propertyName == "value": event.source.parent.getComponent('Next Numeric Text Field').requestFocusInWindow()

You may want to do something like this if you want to go to the next field by pressing the Enter key

if event.keyCode == event.VK_ENTER: event.source.parent.getComponent('Next Numeric Text Field').requestFocusInWindow()

Hi,

I am trying to achieve the same results but with the “Sample Entry” component from Sepasoft. My serial instrument sends the “Enter” key to move to the next field, but the Sample Entry uses Tab, and I do not see a way to change it to use the Enter key, neither I can refer to the fields since they are created dynamically.

Any idea of how can I approach this?

Thanks

I would recommend contacting SepaSoft Support. But if their component has multiple input fields, it may be something that needs a feature request, with SepaSoft.

2 Likes

Hi joseut76,

If you haven’t checked already, feel free to check out the Sample Entry Component section in the online help docs here.

If you’re still having issues, emailing Support@Sepasoft.com is the preferred way to reach us. We’re happy to take a look at the specifics with you.

Thanks,
Mark