Manage Android Perspective Project List

Is there any body out there that pushes out a Perspective project list to there Android devices? We have 40 devices across two sites and it is not feasible to go around to each device and add/remove projects. Also it appears that when we pushed out the new version of the APK the list got wiped out.

I see in the documentation there is a XML config for iOS, but I do not see anything about Android. We use SOTI as our EMM.

It does not seem like there is an equivalent to a PLIST in Android.

If you take a look under “Managed Configurations” on the Ignition Perspective App, you can see that it says “For Android devices, EMMs pull the keys from the APK and manages the configuration from a console in the EMM software.”

Sounds like you will have to manage all of that in your actual EMM software. It also makes sense that your list got wiped out when installing a new version of the APK, since it seems like the list is configured in the APK itself. Installing a fresh APK without a list configured using an EMM will eliminate your previous projects.

Hopefully someone else can chime in in regards to their experience with SOTI, as I have never actually played around with that before.

I have read this over many times, “For Android devices, EMMs pull the keys from the APK and manages the configuration from a console in the EMM software.”

I don understand where you pull the keys from. I have been over the documentation of SOTI and I don’t see anything that correlates to this statement.

Is there an EMM out there that is know to do this with the Perspective APK?