Masking out the folder part of an alarm

I have grouped my SQL tags in to folders based on the PLC or process name. This keeps the tags organized. However, when I go to display the alarm in an alarm table or alert summary object the whole path of folder and tag name is displayed. How do I mask out the folder part of the path and only display the tag name?

Thanks

Edit the tag and go to Alerting, change the Display Path to what you would like to see. After doing this you will only see whatever you put in the Display Path field when that tag is in an alert state.

So if I have two tags, West_Fence/Fence_alarm and VFD_PLC/Floc_alarm what do I enter in the display path to show only Fence_alarm and Floc_alarm.

You would enter Fence_alarm and Floc_alarm.

For example, using a tag at JK/Label Supply/Label Supply:

In the table:
[ul]ItemPath holds the full path to the tag.
Path holds the Display Name.
State holds the State Name
[/ul]

Note: I use analog alerts, even on things that could be digital. It lets me customize the email messages that get sent out with a little bit more finesse.

1. Can you tell me (Clark), why do you have in Analog Settings in Range [0,1) and (0,1]???
  2. Do you know how to insert some tag values to display with alarm text? For example: I have alarm text (Display Path) set to “Servo M12 is off!”. What I want is to display with this text also the error code of the servo drive. This error code is in another OPC tag. So the text would look like: “Motor M12 is off! Error Code=F9205”… :question:

Or is there another solution?

[quote=“JordanCClark”]
Note: I use analog alerts, even on things that could be digital. It lets me customize the email messages that get sent out with a little bit more finesse.[/quote]

I’ll expand a bit. This tag is essentailly a boolean, 0 or 1. When the value is 0, the email subject will say “JK Labels Low”, with the setpoints 0 exclusive to 1 inclusive. When The value is 1 the email subject will say “JK Labels OK”, with the range just the opposite. Since the input is boolean, I don’t have to worry about intermediate values.

You can’t insert a tag value into the display path, but you can insert it into the Notification settings below. To display it in a table, though, gets a bit trickier. You would have to concatenate the error code into the query…

Let’s back up a moment. Just what are you looking to put text on? I may be able to provide something a little more concrete.

What I meant is why do you have [ ) and ( ] ? What is the meaning of that?
(first square bracket and then round bracket)

When alarms are shown in Alarm history control it’s good to know (when you looking back at time) what kind of errors was there in servo drive. (servo error is just an example).

Maybe I’m spoiled, but in WinCC Scada from Siemens (quite a number of projects I’ve done) you can define alarm text as:
“Motor M12 is off! Servo Error code= @tagWithValue

tagWithValue is the name of the tag, which get value from PLC. And in alarms table the text is shown:
“Motor M12 is off! Servo Error code= F9205”

That’s one way. Another way is:
WinCC have ten (max) additional fields (which you can show in Alarm history table or not) where you can define ten process values. Process value is value which you want to show in the additional field(s) in the alarm history table.
So then in alarm history table there is a Alarm text field AND Process Value1 field (and Process Value2 field and Process Value3 field and…).

So, when you look at the alarms history, you can get a feeling, what kind of problems this motor (or conveyor or crane or whatever) had.

Gotcha.

For the first part, here is another example. Each State has its own range. What is excluded from a range is included in the next…

For the other… Man, oh man, there’s a part of me that wants to use the numeric portion of the error as a State Range-- using your example the range would be (9205,9205)-- and use the State Name to put in a short description of the error (overcurrent fault, etc). A lot of typing involved, but impressive results at the end.

Perhaps alarm off of an expression tag if you need to verify that the motor is off and there is an error. Just thinking out loud… :wink:

The dispaly path only works on the alarm summary and not the alarm table.

In the alarm table, go to table customizer (Ctrl-U).
Click Hide Path, Unclick Hide Display Path.

The alarm summary, under columns, "Column Path Visible? is checked by default. This displays the Display path.
The Alarm Summary, under columns “Columns ItemPath Visible” is unchecked by default. This is the “Path” you are trying to hide.

They could standardize the names across the tags, the alarm table, and alarm summary. Would be less confusing.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Thanks for the help