MCS UDT Table Updater 1 Template

The MCS UDT Table Updater 1 template (also available in the Cloud Template Browser) is used to update a table or power table with UDT tag values based on the UDT Paths and UDT Tags stored in the template’s datasets.

Purpose - I often use the template repeater to show templates that I have created for UDTs in a table like format, but this doesn’t allow for sorting during runtime. The table component allows for sorting during runtime but I didn’t want to spend the time using the Cell Update binding to numerous rows and columns.

To use - Place a table and the template on a window (both must be in the same container). Enter the table name in the TableToUpdate parameter, enter the UDTDataType parameter, enter the UDTParentPath. Enter Preview Mode, click the UDT Paths button to update the UDTPaths dataset, click the UDT Tags button to update the UDTTags dataset, finally check the UpdateEnable parameter.

Template Parameters -
[ul]
CastBoolToInt - If true, converts all boolean values to integer to allow the use of translations in the Table Customizer. If you require a mix of booleans to be used in translations and shown as boolean then set this parameter to true and use the Table Customizer’s “Boolean?” property to set individual columns to be shown as boolean.

RefreshUDTPathsVisible - Used to hide the UDT Paths button, which is recommended once the UDTPaths dataset is set up.

RefreshUDTTagsVisible - Used to hide the UDT Tags button, which is recommended once the UDTTags dataset is set up.

TableToUpdate - Name of the table to update. Table and template must be in the same container.

UDTDataType - Name of the UDT Data Type. Used when creating the UDTPaths dataset.

UDTParentPath - Name of the Parent Path for the UDTs. Used when creating the UDTPaths dataset.

UDTPaths - Dataset used to hold the paths of the UDTs. This dataset can be altered once it is created with the UDT Paths button to add, omit, or change the order of the UDT Paths.

UDTTags - Dataset used to hold the tags of the UDT. This dataset can be altered once it is created with the UDT Tags button to omit or change the order of the UDT Tags.

UpdateEnable - Set to true to cause the table to be updated.

UpdateRate - Sets the update rate, in ms.[/ul]
MCS UDT Table Updater 1.proj (9.73 KB)

1 Like