Memory Tag To Keep its Value

Hello!

I have memory tag (string), which changes according to the status of the machine (there is script running on the gateway). That tag is item in a transaction group with scheduled execution 1 minute. Some events have duration less than 1 minute and I cannot record them, subsequently I cannot see them in the report that pull out data from the transaction group. I do not want to reschedule the execution less than 1 minute, because so detailed report is not necessary. So, what needs to be done that tag to keep its value for more than 1 minute?

Why not log it on a value change?

3 Likes

As Jordan is suggesting, don't. Change your paradigm. You clearly need to log or count events on that tag, and use the log or count in the report.

Yes, you need to configure something on the tag, not just change the report. There's no magic wand.

Hello,
as per Jordan’s suggestion, I was able to collect more events, but, as Phil hinted, not all of them.
@pturmel, by “log or count events on that tag”, do you mean by usage of transaction group?

Not necessarily a transaction group. Could be tag history, could be some scripted storage, could be counting logic in the PLC. The point is that you must record as fast as the events can occur in order to capture all of them. Then your report can summarize the recordings (however you need) accurately.

2 Likes