Menu Errors in Ignition Designer 8.0.7

Hello, I am new to the community but have been in the industry for a while now. I am new to the Ignition development software in the fact I have only used 8.0.x. I am having some strange issues with the Menu bar at the top, the File, Edit, View, Project, and Component menu items specifically. I will have periods of time where they will stop working entirely in the designer suite. Mousing over the menu items does not register; clicking on the menu items bring up what seems to be random toolbar items (In this case, I click on “Project” and the toolbar adds “Use straight line segments for the pencil drawing”, “Use Curved lines for pencil drawing” and some other text field inputs (Simplify and Smooth). This is obviously not correct. FWIW I just so happen to have the output console open in my project and hovering over any of the non-working menu options gives the following message in the output console:

So I guess my question is what should I do? I have tried restarting the devleopment software now (which has generally worked in the past) and its not fixing itself this time. Advice?

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastException: class javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthRootPaneUI cannot be cast to class de.javasoft.plaf.synthetica.SyntheticaRootPaneUI (javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthRootPaneUI is in module java.desktop of loader 'bootstrap'; de.javasoft.plaf.synthetica.SyntheticaRootPaneUI is in unnamed module of loader java.net.URLClassLoader @599166d)
	at de.javasoft.plaf.synthetica.painter.RootPanePainter.paintRootPaneBorder(RootPanePainter.java:160)
	at com.jidesoft.plaf.synthetica.SyntheticaFrameBorder.paintBorder(SyntheticaFrameBorder.java:36)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.paintBorder(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JMenuBar.paintBorder(Unknown Source)
	at com.jidesoft.action.CommandBar.paintBorder(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBufferedImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
1 Like

Hi Matthew,

Any solution?

Thanks