Menu Tree target not responding

I am trying to target a page using the top level of the menu tree but it doesn’t seem to work. I can get it to work on the second level.

any ideas?

Hi @Craighunter1986, remove all child items underneath that menu item and it’ll behave as a link.

ahh. I was using the tree as a left docked side view and was hoping to change the main view as the Parent was selected and again when the child was selected.

is this not possible?

Thanks

Yes, that’s possible. You’d just need to run a script on the onItemClicked event that switches the main view based on the event.path data (or some other event data like event.label).

great thanks, I will look into that

NP! For page navigation: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC80/system.perspective.navigate

HI @Craighunter1986 , Im trying to do the same thing aswell, did you ever find a solution to this?

I need to have a landing page for each submenu as I drill into lower menu areas. I dont know were I would attach a system.perspective.navigate script, as having it an onClick event would trigger at every click unless there was a way to use a series of conditional statements based on the item path?