Message Board New Message Notification

This may be here already and I just can’t find the checkbox, but is there a way to be notified of responses to a thread that you’ve started?

Or subscribe to an existing thread?

Well, I’m not sure if the following encompasses all of the options, but this is what I’ve found so far:

1. In the upper left of the screen, there is a User Control Panel. If you go there, you can go to “Board Preferences”->“Edit Posting Defaults” and turn on “Notify me upon replies by default”.

2. In the forum directory, there is a “Subscribe to Forum” link in the upper right hand side of the screen.

3. In each thread, there is a “Subscribe to topic” link in the upper left hand side.

Also, when you reply to a topic, one of the options in the check boxes below the message is “Notify me when a reply is posted”. It’s connected to #1 in terms of being checked or not by default. Also, make sure your email address is correct in your account. I have this option turned on and get all sorts of emails when replies are posted, so I know it works :laughing:

Hope this helps,

I knew that it was on here somewhere… I just couldn’t find that darned ‘user control panel’ link!

Thanks Colby!