Meta.name binding issue

Hi All,

Embedded view shows its default param value when props.params.X is bound to this.meta.name
▎
▎ Ignition [8.3], Perspective Workstation. I have a template view (door lock) embedded a few hundred times across several screens. To save time, instead of typing in each instance's name param, I bound props.params.name → this.meta.name (property binding).
▎
▎ Occasionally, a few instances on a screen show the template's default name instead of their own.
▎
▎ It looks like the embedded view starts with its default params and sometimes never picks up the bound value, or keeps a stale one. Has anyone seen bound embedded-view params fail to update like this? Is binding to meta.name a known bad pattern? We're switching to typed-in params for now.

Please clarify: are you using meta.name as a source of a property binding? Or the destination of a property binding? (I would reconsider the latter--meta.name should be static.)

I am using meta.name as source

OK. I would expect it to work, so this might be a bug. There have been bugs in view parameter initialization, particularly when deeply nested, so this might be related. Consider opening a support ticket.

Yeah, jfan, this is a lingering bug in Perspective if you have too many layers of embedded views sometimes parameters don't initialize properly. You mention a few the views embedded hundred times across screens. What does the views typically look like?

Something like this will properly not work:
Door lock embedded in a door icon embedded in a building package embedded in an area view embedded in a site view