Micro 820 Daily Totals

Having a weird issue as of yesterday with two of my micro 820's. The daily waterflow totals are no longer updating and the reset didnt occur for the 24hr tag either. No changes were made to either of the micros. All other tags function properly....current water flow, total water flow. Its only the daily totals and daily reset. Anyone have any ideas?

How do you do the reset the tag?

Do you see quality issues on the tags not working?

How are the 820s talking to Ignition?

How is you time monitored? Just a 24 hr timer or with Time Clock that is update from Internet or server someplace. Did your local time zone update?

Quality of the tag shows as good in ignition. In the main program there is just a 1D timer that triggers the reset in each flow meter 1-4, There is a MOV instruction to take the temp tag value and move it to the 24hr tag value and then another MOV to reset the temp tag to 0.

Time is just a 24 hour timer dcamp. We went back 1 hour on sunday morning at 2am, but im pretty sure the 24 hour numbers updated fine on monday.

Is the timer in the PLC or Ignition?

Its in the Micro 820

Did you write this program? If so have you hooked up and in "Debug" mode you can see what is going on with the scan. I have 100's of the Micro800 in the field running all kinds of timers and total tracking routines and I have never had a single problem.

Now I do understand there is always a first. It's just that you say it has happen with 2 units (That in itself is odd) unless there is a problem with program (which is the common between the two)?

These people here my know more about the PLC Your Personal PLC Tutor Site - Interactive PLC Questions and Answers as it is dedicated toward PLC problems.

1. is there any chance it is offline, such as it get turned off at. If it looses power at any point it will throw out your calculations.

Also, can you show you reset logic?

And might there be anything which could conflict with a write?

So i got the majority of this corrected by just downloading the original program again, im not sure if something happened coincidentally or if i forgot to go offline before closing the program.

Im running into issues with my daily and weekly resets. I have the logic properly for resetting, however its using a timer, which i dont really like because the timer needs to be started at the exact time I want the reset to occur at night 11:59pm and then for weekly reset same thing except on sunday night at 11:59. Is there any way to delay a timer to start counting at the time i need the reset to occur?

I also played around with using RTCSET and tried to create a main program that had a direct coil which would trigger at a specific time daily and also weekly. I then added the variable coil to my meter program so it would MOV the current daily value to a temp tag and then set the current daily value back to zero to start over again. However, I cannot get the main direct coil to trigger the MOV and Reset to 0.

Any ideas?

From AB Support you should download the TOWEEK function block. This will allow you to actually program the Time of day/week you want to trigger. Note: you will have to make sure your DATETIME is correct and maintained.

Then be sure to use a R_Edge Trigger to start and a F_Edge to end this way you will get the full time of your program.

Im not seeing it on their website. Would you happen to have a link? Sorry....

Be sure when you UNZIP this folder that it actualy creates a .7z file type. Then Import that file and your new function block TOWEEK will be available for you program. I could not find it on the web site either.
UDFB_TOWEEK.zip (3.3 KB)