Micro800 Simulator with Ignition

I have a program in Connected Components Workbench and I am using the integrated Micro800 Simulator, is there a way to connect the program to Ignition? So that I can do the interface in Designer.

Huh. Didn't even notice that CCW has a simulator. If possible, it will likely be an OPC client connection, which will likely not work the same as any real Ignition connection.

Consider buying one for your lab.

Can't confirm if one of these work with CCW, but i've had luck with the following methods for connecting to the RSLogix Emulator:

OPC-DA to RSLinx Classic (Emulated PLC) - General Discussion - Inductive Automation Forum

&

Ignition Tips, Tricks, and Cheats (godboutpcs.com)

1 Like

While I have not actually tried it yet. The simulator tells you the IP (for connecting in RSlinx)

I usually use loopback 127.0.0.1 (you can select the card, and it will show the IP.) either way, I can ping the device. So I'm sure you would be able to add to Ignition via the IP.

I'd probably use it with @pturmel s driver.

1 Like

I can confirm it works with @pturmel 's driver. I can add it, read/write successfully, and read the global tags.

3 Likes

Just chiming in to confirm that it works with the "new" Inductive-released micro800 module as well, but with similar limitations as the physical controllers with explicit ethernet (LC50). Interesting opportunity for learning settings.

The simulator is only available for one model. So you can use that, but can't expand to alternate controllers.

1 Like