Micro820 will not stop losing connection

trying to get a micro820 going devciec connects but i get the error message in the console.

Time	Logger	Message
ERROR	2:23:40 PM	SocketIODelegate	[hostname=10.10.0.27,port=502] Socket connection closed, DriverState was Connected.

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
more
ERROR	2:22:37 PM	SocketIODelegate	[hostname=10.10.0.27,port=502] Socket connection closed, DriverState was Connected.

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at com.inductiveautomation.iosession.socket.AsyncSocketIOSession.run(AsyncSocketIOSession.java:71)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
less

Do you have any tags subscribed? If so, at what rate?

It’s not uncommon for devices, especially with Modbus, to close an inactive connection after 10 or 15 seconds.

subscribed? I made two modbus tags linked to [device]C000001 and [device]HR400002 at the default rate of 3 secs

it looks like im not getting it anymore, but my tags still wont read

Well neither of those are valid address, even if they are mapped in the Micro 820.

Try [device]C1 and [device]HR2 instead. I don’t know if the driver’s address parser supports the leading zeroes or not.

Also worth using a 3rd party Modbus tool as well to sanity check. If you can’t pull any data with it either then you might start looking at the configuration in the 820 instead.