MicroLogix 1100 Device Connection Problem

I am having a problem connecting my Micrologix 1100 ‘Series A’ PLC in devices in the gateway. It keeps trying to connect but is unable to. It is set up the same way as my MicroLogix 1100 "Series B’ PLC that has connected successfully. Is there a know reason why i am unable to connect to my Serries A controller? If so what do i need to do to connect to this device?

Is there anything that might be relevant in the logs? Can you post them here or mail them to support?

Where can i find the logs with that information?

This is is what comes up in the logs when it is trying to connect. I know the device is online because I can connect to it with the RSLogix software.

1:49:11 PM ABMicroLogixConnectRequest Initialization request failed due to DISCONNECTED.
[WARN] 1:49:11 PM ABMicroLogixConnectRequest Initialization request failed due to TIMEOUT.
[WARN] 1:49:11 PM TimeoutDaemon com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.allenbradley.requests.ABMicroLogixConnectRequest@5d6622b2 request with key “1” failed due to timeout.
[WARN] 1:49:09 PM ABMicroLogixTransport Connection failure possibly due to known communications issues in some MicroLogix firmware. Switching to default transaction ID.
[WARN] 1:49:06 PM ABMicroLogixConnectRequest Initialization request failed due to DISCONNECTED.
[WARN] 1:49:06 PM ABMicroLogixConnectRequest Initialization request failed due to TIMEOUT.
[WARN] 1:49:06 PM TimeoutDaemon com.inductiveautomation.xopc.drivers.allenbradley.requests.ABMicroLogixConnectRequest@38f5f90b request with key “2” failed due to timeout.
[WARN] 1:49:01 PM ABMicroLogixConnectRequest Initialization request failed due to DISCONNECTED.
[WARN] 1:49:01 PM ABMicroLogixConnectRequest Initialization request failed due to TIMEOUT.

Try using the ‘Zero TNS’ something or the other option on this device’s configuration. It might be hidden under an advanced section.

I changed the Zero TNS setting but it still didn’t work. It’s showing a different error now.

3:26:17 PM ABMicroLogixTransport Connection failure possibly due to known communications issues in some MicroLogix firmware. Switching to default transaction ID.

[quote=“DarkFox”]I changed the Zero TNS setting but it still didn’t work. It’s showing a different error now.

3:26:17 PM ABMicroLogixTransport Connection failure possibly due to known communications issues in some MicroLogix firmware. Switching to default transaction ID.[/quote]

No, that error was in the previous logs you posted, which is what lead to the Zero TNS suggestion…

Hmm. Let me find out if there’s any known issues with the series A.

Depending on the firmware version, there is a bug in it that has an error in the response for the connect request.

But, I’m unclear if this is your issue based on the logs that you posted. Please set the log for the device (it will be the same as your device name) to Trace. You will know it is correct because you will see bytes being sent and received.

If it is the firmware, an update is available on the Rockwell website.

I was finally able to upgrade the firmware on the MircoLogix controller to Version 13. It has connected successfully and is working fine.